The book of Acts holds a special place for us as Messianic believers. We feel that denominations are transitory in nature, as YHWH reveals more and more works among his people. Therefore, we look to the first century Messianic believers as our pattern of what a community of faith should look like. Acts is not just a document of past actions, but a pattern for our present actions. We want to preach the content of what they preached, live the lifestyle they lived, see the results they saw, and relate to the community around us the way they did.
1. We believe that while the entire Bible is the inspired word of YHWH (2 Timothy 3:16), the law and commandments given in the Torah were written by the hand of YHWH himself (Exodus 24:12). We believe that these laws and commandments given by YHWH are still relevant today and we are to obey them (Deuteronomy 6:1-9). We consider it a delight to examine and apply Torah to our daily walk (Matthew 5:17). We also believe that the goals of the Torah are to teach us how to live in this world and the world to come (Deuteronomy 12:28).
2. We believe that Y'shua is the living embodiment of the Torah and is our sin sacrifice. He is our High Priest and intercedes with YHWH on our behalf (Deuteronomy 18:18, Romans 8:32-34).
3. We believe that salvation is only through Y'shua and that He died on the execution stake (cross) to bring mankind back to a right relationship with the Father (Exodus 23:20-22, Hebrews 10:12, Matthew 26:28, John 20:31, Romans 8:3).
4. We believe that Y'shua is the Messiah promised to Isreal in the Hebrew Scriptures (John 4:26, Mark 14:61-62) and He is YHWH manifest in the flesh (John 1:1-3, John 8:58). We believe that YHWH has manifested Himself to humans in many ways but that He remains Echad (One) (Deuteronomy 6:4). We also believe that the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) was sent to minister to us, to strengthen our walk, and to testify about Y'shua (John 14:16, 26, 15:26).
5. We believe that we are to observe YHWH's appointed times and festivals, including the Sabbath, as specified in the Torah (Exodus 31:13, Leviticus 23, Numbers 28:9-31, Deuteronomy 16:1-17).
6. We believe that Jews and Gentiles are in the process of being joined together, united under both the Torah and Y'shua (Isaiah 4:1-2, Ezekiel 37:11-28, Romans 11:26, Romans 11:17-22, Ephesians 2:14-15, Colossians 3:10-11).
7. We believe that the admonition found in Isaiah to "reason together" (Isaiah 1:18) is two-fold. First, YHWH wants our relationship with Him to be close and personal so that we can talk with Him as a friend who sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). Second, we are aware that people are at different points in their spiritual walk and scriptures take on new meaning as our knowledge expands and our faith deepens. As a group of people who seek the truth, we believe that we too can "reason together" in an open, respectful and welcoming manner, knowing that the truth of YHWH's mysteries will be revealed to us in His time.
Star of David Messianic Community is a Messianic Congregation in Sioux Falls South Dakota. Rabbi David Rose is the current leader of our Community.
© Copyright 2018. Star of David Messianic Community. All rights reserved.